Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Getting Started

I've been playing poker for several years and had a pretty fair amount of success. Am I a professional? Not even close....but I (like 99% of the players out there) feel that I could be if only I had the money and the time.

With the economy the way it is, I now have the time. I've been unemployed for quite a while and don't have any immediate prospects. I'm 52 years old and this has proven to be a solid obstacle in finding a job right now. I certainly don't have the money to become a pro player, so I've come up with another tack. I've decided that I'm going to play in as many poker freerolls as I can in order to 1)build a bankroll and 2)try to win a seat in the World Series of Poker. I know the odds are long against me, but I figure I don't really have anything to lose.

Currently I play at Full Tilt Poker, Ultimate Bet, Poker Stars and Doyle's Room. I've just opened an account at Carbon Poker, and I may add one or two more sites in the future.

The purpose of this blog is twofold. First, I want a way to track how I'm doing. Therefore, I'll be posting my results for every freeroll I play in along with my analysis (as objective as I can possibly make it) as to how I played. I'll post any relevant stats as well as my winnings. Second, if anyone out there is interested in doing this, they will hopefully learn from my mistakes as well as my successes.

That's all for this first post -- wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment